Talk about optimizing container image builds @ContainerConfPublished on 17 Nov 2021
Tags #Docker #Container #Slides #Slide Deck #ContainerConf
As part of ContainerConf I gave a talk about optimizing the build process of container images. This can be achieved in the following dimensions: faster builds, smaller images, more secure contents and easier maintenance.
I covered the following topics:
- Multi-stage builds
- Order of commands
- BuildKit RUN cache
- Parallelization in multi-stage builds
- Build automation using CI/CD
- BuildKit remote cache
- Testing container images
- Scanning for vulnerabilities
- Dependency update using RenovateBot
- Auto merging patch updates
Find my slides here.
The slides are a result of my slide and demo build system. Take a look at the release for this talk.