Webinar about how to improve your #Docker image buildsPublished on 24 Jan 2020
Tags #Docker #Container #Slides #Slide Deck #BuildKit #Security #Continuous Integration
This week I had the honour of giving a talk at the Docker Virtual Meetup about how to improve your Docker image builds. It was a very interactive crowd :-)
My talk focused on
buildkit as the next-generation build engine for container images and covered the following topics:
- Build engine flavours (legacy builder and buildkit)
- Multi-stage builds to separate build and runtime environments as well as run stages in parallel
- Build cache warming for buildkit
- Mounting secrets using buildkit
- Forwaring the SSH agent socket using buildkit
- Testing images using
- Scan images using
- Using the CLI plugin called
buildxto cross-built for different platforms
docker contextto manage multiple instances of the Docker engine
- Troubleshooting running containers
The talk was recorded and was published on the Docker blog.
Find my slides here.
The slides are a result of my slide and demo build system. Take a look at the release for this talk.