(German) Slide Deck about Windows Containers and #Docker (#WindowsContainer)Published on 23 Nov 2016
Tags #Container #Docker #PowerShell #Slide Deck #Slides
This week I talked (in German) about Windows Containers and Docker at DCUG TecCon in Kassel. DCUG is a German Citrix User Group run by Roy Textor which has organized many meetups in Germany. TecCon is the first two-day conference held in the same spirit. Today, I’d like to share the slide deck as well as the code for my demo.
Slide Deck about Windows Containers and Docker
Either click the image above or this link to download the slide deck about Windows Container and Docker.
I covered the following topics with a heavy focus on making changes to many servers at the same time with or without throttling:
- Why Citrix Studio does not help you being faster in your job
- A short introduction to PowerShell
- Basic PowerShell cmdlets to get you started
- Treat your servers as cattle not as pets
- Extensive introduction to the XenApp PowerShell API
- Using PowerShell remoting to import cmdlets from a remote machine
The slides only explain what containers are and how they work. The session also included a demo how it feels to manage containers using Docker. The code for my demo is available on GitHub.