User Profile Whitepaper for Citrix User Profile Manager 2.0Published on 22 Jan 2009
Tags #sepagoPROFILE #User Profile Whitepaper #User Profiles
I am proud to announce the availability of the user profile whitepaper for Citrix User Profile Manager (UPM) 2.0. It has been a lot of new and updated content to reflect the changes in UPM 2.0 compared to the Tech Preview.
- All sections are extended to include information about Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008.
- In XenApp 5.0 for Windows Server 2008, Citrix introduced Special Folder Redirection. Its use in managing user profiles is discussed in the context of Folder Redirection.
- The challenges involved in providing user profiles now include locked profiles and misbehaving applications.
- The traditional remedies new include UPHClean, commonly used group policies and group policy preferences.
- The chapter about UPM is updated to describe the features introduced in version 2 and how the challenges involved in managing user profiles are met.
Please continue to this article for the latest version of the whitepaper.
Previous articles about the User Profile Whitepaper