Slide Deck about Automating #XenApp using #PowerShellPublished on 10 Nov 2015
Tags #MCS #PowerShell #PowerShell Remoting #Slide Deck #Slides #XenApp #XenDesktop
Today I talked (in German) about automating #XenApp using #PowerShell at DCUG in Freiburg. I’d like to share the short slide deck as well as the code for my extensive demos. DCUG is a Citrix User Group event held in German and is organized by Roy Textor.
Slide Deck for Automating #XenApp using #PowerShell
Either click the image above or this link to download the slide deck for automating #XenApp using #PowerShell.
I covered the following topics with a heavy focus on making changes to many servers at the same time with or without throttling:
- Why Citrix Studio does not help you being faster in your job
- A short introduction to PowerShell
- Basic PowerShell cmdlets to get you started
- Treat your servers as cattle not as pets
- Extensive introduction to the XenApp PowerShell API
- Using PowerShell remoting to import cmdlets from a remote machine
Although the slides show a lot of examples how to use the XenApp PowerShell API, I have covered even more code in my demos which are available on GitHub.